It might be one of the most important health decisions you can make. It seems simple, but sleep has a huge effect on crucial health markers, like insulin and leptin.
It is amazing how systems in your body interact with each other in regards to health, for example, there is a direct relationship between hormones and weight gain; and if you are overweight, it is more difficult to get good sleep; not getting good a good night’s sleep could be making you gain weight!
8 Key tips for getting a good night’s sleep
- Make your room darker when you sleep.
- Either start your day with exercise or finish exercising at least 3 hours before bedtime.
- Exercising too close to bedtime won’t facilitate good sleep.
- Avoid alcohol right before you go to sleep. It will simply make you drowsy, rather than
- allowing a deeper level of sleep.
- Turn your brain off! Count sheep. Learn to meditate.
- Turn off the television.
- Stay away from nonfiction reading right before bed.