The Journey of Our Face
Our face is a journey. We want our face to look good because that’s what everyone looks at. We want to age well.
Here’s a typical journey of our faces as we age.
- Before your 20’s: Main concern is acne and rosacea.
- In your 20’s: Wear sunscreen and address acne scarring.
- In your 30’s: You start to see fine lines in your early thirties, and you have some minimal loss of volume in your face. It’s a good time to start treatments early if you’re noticing early lines. It’s not a bad idea to look at your mom and see how she’s aged.
- In your 40’s: Lines start to appear around your lips, loss of facial fullness under jawline and under eyes.
- In your 50’s: You start to see deeper lines and wrinkles. You start to have major loss of collagen and start to get brown spots.
Now is such a great time to look at yourself and see what you want to get rid of.
In our office we’ve done Botox and other different types of neurotoxins and have had great success.
What we’ve done recently is expand on that by adding minimally invasive procedures that you can come in, get them done and then go back out. With the technology we’re using there’s virtually no downtime, unless you do a particular form of laser resurfacing called an Erbium laser.
Our new laser does lots of things.
- Tattoo Removal
- Resurfaces your skin
- Takes out small veins (vascular reduction)
- Hair removal
- Acne treatment
- Removal of pigmented lesions
What most excites me is our new Ultherapy machine.
I’ve been going back and forth on purchasing this machine for a couple years now, and finally bit the bullet.
As you may know, I was our first test subject. My wife Jenny also got a treatment.
And when we got our treatments I was just amazed at what it did.
As you can see with my before and after, it takes out the sagging skin around the jaw line amazingly well.
What prompted me to talk about this today was an article I read in the Wall Street Journal comparing today’s celebrities in their fifties to celebrities in their fifties just a few decades ago.
Today’s fifty year old’s just look so much younger than they used to. It’s amazing what you can do to make yourself look like a youthful 30 year old.
You can use Botox or Xeomin to reduce wrinkles. You can use laser resurfacing, and an IPL to get rid of brown spots.
My thoughts on Ultherapy
What I mainly want to educate you all on today is Ultherapy.
Ultherapy is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that uses focused ultrasound to stimulate the formation of new collagen deep below the skin’s surface. It works by stimulating collagen production in the skin’s foundation resulting in a significant lift of the tissue within just a few months ( On me I saw this within just a few weeks).
You don’t get the full effect for three months and it lasts at least two years.
It uses ultrasound energy, so you’ll feel a heating sensation and a tingling below the dermis. You can still go straight back to work after treatment.
It works so well because you can visualize that layer underneath the skin that’s on top of the muscle that you have no idea where it is. It’s different for different people, so there’s a lot of skill involved with this.
Don’t ignore treatment of your skin otherwise. One thing I tell everyone, drinking enough water is one of the best treatments for your skin out there!