At Performance Medicine, we are committed to providing you with personalized, comprehensive care that aims to treat the underlying root cause of your health issues, not just your symptoms. We offer a functional, integrative approach to some primary care services such as the management of blood pressure, cholesterol, inflammation, diabetes, autoimmune issues, gut health, hormones including thyroid, and many more medical conditions.
What is Functional Integrative Medicine?
Functional Medicine is a patient-centered, science-based, holistic approach to medical care that focuses on the unique biochemical and genetic makeup of each individual. Instead of treating insolated symptoms, we dive into the root cause of issue. We believe the body systems are interconnected and we identify any imbalances or dysfunctions. We look into the underlying causes of health concerns and develop a personalized treatment plan that is tailored to your specific needs.
Our use of integrative medicine combines the best of conventional medicine with evidence-based complimentary therapies. We offer the benefits of both traditional and alternative treatments to patients, maximizing the potential for healing and recovery.
At Performance Medicine, our functional and integrative approach to primary care medicine revolves around:
- Personalized Care: One size does not fit all. We recognize the uniqueness of every patient. Our team takes the time to understand your medical history, lifestyle, and health goals, ensuring individualized care to address your specific concerns.
- Root Cause Identification: We look for the deeper cause of symptoms and treat the underlying health condition causing them, rather than merely treating the symptoms. Through our root-cause approach, we promote longevity and healing in our patients.
- Evidence-based Approach: We base our approach and treatment plans on the latest research in conventional medicine and functional, integrative fields.
- Collaborative Care: We like to say “the patient is in the driver’s seat”. Our healthcare professionals will involve you in treatment decisions, empowering you to take charge of your own health.
- Prevention and Wellness: We establish preventative strategies to improve and optimize your health and reduce the risk of future adverse health events.
As part of our functional integrative services, we offer:
- Comprehensive health assessments (*link to youtube about Cleveland*)
- Personalized treatment plans
- Chronic disease management
- Nutrition and lifestyle counseling (link to Lucas video)
- Comprehensive weight loss (link to weight loss page)
- Gut health (link to Robin/GI Map)
- Hormone balancing and optimization (link to youtube on BHRT)
- Thyroid and Hashimoto’s management (link youtube- Margaux?)
- Stress management and mental well-being support (link to saffron video??)
- ADHD treatment
- Aesthetic services (do we have a video of Andy or Lori injecting?)
- Quick care
- Supplements to optimize health
- Complete lab services
- Telemedicine available
Discover a new approach to your health! Experience the difference of a functional, integrative approach at Performance Medicine. Our team of compassionate medical providers are here to support you on your journey to optimal health and wellness. Take a proactive approach to your health. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and see how we can help you become a healthier, happier you.
Do you take insurance?
We do not accept insurance.
Do you provide claims to submit to insurance?
We do, ask the receptionist at checkout to provide a claim.
Are labs run through insurance?
In some circumstances, we can run certain labs through insurance; ask your nurse/phlebotomist.
Are telehealth consults available?
Yes, in most circumstances at a $15 discounted rate.
How long do lab results take?
Depending on the lab, it can take approximately a week. Certain labs take longer, such as the GI Map or Cleveland panel.
How often do I need to be seen?
Most office visits require a follow-up appointment at least once every 3 months. In some circumstances, we need to see you back sooner.